2016 Prize Basket
Cindy Caldwell was the big winner in the 2016 Yarn Discovery Tour, taking home the Grand Prize Basket full of quality yarns and accessories donated by the 23 sponsoring needlework companies listed in the lefthand column. Her name was drawn at random from those who had their passports stamped at all 15 shops on this year’s YDT.
Lisa MacNamara was the winner of the 10-shop Awesome Prize Basket while Sherri Altieri won the 5-shop Cool Prize Basket. Including the 15 individual shop prize baskets, a total of 18 were awarded in the annual Northeast Ohio “shop hop” (full list of names below).
Along with opportunities to have their names drawn as winners of the prize baskets, each Tourist received a 2016 YDT tote bag and ruler along with their passport.
This year YDT went back to its roots with a return to the original focus of full-service yarn shops that primarily sell knit and crochet supplies and also offer instructional classes.
The 15 shops participating in Northeast Ohio’s 9th annual “shop hop” for fiber enthusiasts are listed to the left, and can also be found on the YDT Google Map to the left.
Organizers are already making preliminary plans for the 10th Annual Yarn Discover Tour in 2017.
Winners of all 18 prize baskets included:
15-Shop Grand Prize Winner
* Cindy Caldwell
10-Shop Prize Winner
* Lisa MacNamara
5-Shop Prize Winner
* Sherri Altieri
Individual Shop Prize Winners
* DeMaris Weigand (Artists’ Gallery)
* Cindy Woods (Bare Naked Wools Boutique)
* Sherri Altieri (Black Locust Farm)
* Amy Richards (Cornerstone Yarns)
* Elizabeth Wilson (Crochet Innovations)
* Stacia Clawson (Fiber Addiction)
* Amy Richards (Fine Points)
* Barb Gray (Harps & Thistles Yarn
* Ann MacNamara (Heidi & Lana)
* Pat Blanche (Knit Wit Knits)
* Cheryl Evans (Long Tail Knits)
* Sara Rohfeld (River Colors Studio)
* Beverly Ernst (The Artful Yarn)
* Diane Coates (The Designing Woman)
* Marta Smolk (The Flaming Ice Cube)
* * *
2016 YDT Rules
1. Purchase a $5 passport from any participating shop listed, and the first 700 to register will also receive a YDT 2016 tote bag and 6-inch ruler.
2. Spend a minimum of $10 at a participating shop from September 6-24, get your passport stamped, and receive a free pattern and entry in a drawing for that shop’s prize basket ($100 value).
3. Get your passport stamped at multiple shops and qualify for drawings for prize baskets full of hundreds of dollars of yarns and accessories:
* 5 shops — Cool Prize Basket
* 10 shops — Awesome Prize Basket
* All 15 shops — Grand Prize Basket
4. Passports may be used on any of the 19 days of the tour during each shop’s regular business hours. In addition, all shops have agreed to be open during the following common YDT hours:
* Thursdays & Fridays 11 a.m. to 6 p.m.
* Saturdays & Sundays 11 a.m. to 5 p.m.
NOTE: Participating shops may have different hours on Mondays through Wednesdays (some may be closed), and some shops may have longer hours on Thursdays through Sundays. All regular shop hours will be printed on each passport. More information on each shop can be found on their individual websites.
* * *